SYC is taking part in the RYA's "Push The Boat Out" national event on Bank Holiday Monday 25th May. Throughout the day there will be sailing and a lunchtime BBQ. If you have come to this site to book your free" have-a-go" session or would simply like to see what we can offer, then please read on.
- You need to book a place (see below) with one of our experienced helms.. Places are limited so we suggest you book early to avoid disappointment. If you can, then please come for the day to enjoy the atmosphere and the stunning location.
- Be sure to arrive at least 45 minutes before the time you booked for your sailing session and then register in the clubhouse.
- The club's galley will be open from 9:30 am. for drinks and snacks until mid day and there will be a barbecue from 12:30 to 2:00 pm.
- You may well get wet! Hot showers are available so bring a towel as well as a change of clothes and shoes.
- If you have a wetsuit or a drysuit then that would be ideal but not essential and if you have neither then bring some old clothes a windproof jacket, and soft shoes are best. (Synthetics are warmer than cotton if you get wet.)
- We will provide you with a buoyancy aid so that you will feel totally safe.
Interested in giving sailing a try? Then click here to book a place. Someone from Starcross Yacht Club will then get in contact to discuss the details and we look forward to seeing you.
If you have any questions contact:-
Nigel Howe on 07774 956188 or via email using this form.
If you are reading this as an S.Y.C. member then please click here to find out what's on and how you can get involved.