Ready to book? Follow these four simple steps:
- Contact the organiser to check availability (see Training Calendar).
- Ask to be added to the waiting list if the course is arranged on demand, provisional or full.
- If a place is reserved for you, download these forms: .
- Booking Form
Health and Learning Needs Form
- Print and complete both forms and send them to the organiser with the appropriate fee.
Please note: The RYA Start Sailing (Level 1) and Basic Skills (Level 2) courses should be booked directly with Haven Banks Outdoor Education Centre on 01392 434668.
You’ll receive some more information about two weeks before the course starts.
Please read this carefully. It will confirm the date and time, where to meet, what clothing and anything else you may need to bring with you. In some cases it may refer to pre-course work you need to complete.
If you have any queries about the course, please contact the organiser in the first instance.
Get the most from your course
We want you to enjoy your course. And, of course, our instructors will do all they can to help you learn and have fun.
Follow these tips to get the most from your training:
- Make sure the course is suitable for what you need and your current level of ability.
- Read the pre-course information.
- Complete any pre-course work before the course starts.
- Arrive promptly for your course. There’s usually a lot to get done.
- Make sure you bring all you need with you to the course.
- Let your instructor know before the course starts about any health or learning needs you haven’t already mentioned.
- Tell your instructor straight away if you don’t understand anything. Your instructor will always go over points as often as you need. We want you to learn!
- Tell your instructor immediately if you’re not enjoying the course for any reason. Your instructor can’t help if you wait until the end of the course!
We’ll do all we can to help you succeed. Your instructor will keep you informed about your progress throughout the course. Sometimes it’s not possible to complete all aspects of a course for a variety of reasons. Your instructor will explain what you’ve achieved and how you can achieve your goals.
If for any reason you’re unsatisfied or have a complaint after talking to your instructor, please contact the course organiser to discuss the matter. If you still feel unsatisfied, please contact the SYC Training Officer.
|« Training Calendar|