We may be able to start using the Club facilities again soon, but not yet.
A decision as to whether the River Exe can be opened for leisure sailing will be made by the Harbourmaster on Wednesday May 13th based on regulations published today in the Government’s Recovery Strategy.
As of today May 11th at 17.00, England is still in lockdown, unlimited exercise will be allowed from Wednesday 13th and some sports will be allowed. The RYA understands water sports are included but has not conﬁrmed it. In every case social distancing measures must be observed.
We have to be patient, we will return to sailing soon but the last thing we want is a second wave of infections and the re-introduction of total lockdown.
You will be informed as soon as things change. Please look at the Members' page on the website for messages.
The General Committee has spent some time putting together and implementing a plan of action which will enable everybody to safely use Club facilities and boats. Unfortunately we cannot return to things as they were. Coronavirus has changed all that. We hope to have lots of Free Sailing days with safety boat cover through the coming months. The Sailing Committee are looking at how some limited racing events might be held, and an update on this will be provided later.
The following changes will be introduced from this week: