Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the For Sale forum!

A forum to sell all your boatie bits. This forum is publicly visible.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wanted, Mooring

Wanted, Mooring 4 months 3 weeks ago #1

• leslie coade
  • leslie coade's Avatar Topic Author
I am looking to purchase a mooring suitable for 25ft, bilge keel vs. Don't mind one that dries at low water.
Please contact: Les. Coade
Phone/ text: 07482570327
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I am anxious to get the boat out of Turf and on to a mooring as soon as possible so that l can start using her.[]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wanted, Mooring 4 months 3 weeks ago #2

The person who normally tries to 'manage' the allocation of moorings is away cruising around the top of Scotland at present - back probably in 4+ weeks. Wherever possible the cruiser committee does try to manage the moorings allocations so that we can keep everyone as happy as possible. In the meantime I am happy to try to steer you in the right direction. I do know that one of the mooring holders, Haven Banks from Exeter have been considering swapping their mooring for another but need to sell their existing one first. They currently have a mooring which enjoys quite good depths - nor sure exactly how much but they have a small day boat which is afloat all states of the tide. The mooring is not really suitable for their boat however as they have no keel and therefore swing very differently to other adjacent boats, which is causing some concern. The mooring might be ideal for what you have - it would certainly suit a boat with bilge keels like the others around it. Might this be of interest? If so I could approach Haven Banks and see if we could sort something out for you? There are other moorings available as well - but mostly ones that that dry out at LW. I'll get in touch via email or phone as well. Derek Hathaway.

Wanted, Mooring 4 months 3 weeks ago #3

• leslie coade
Thank you Derick!
Incidentally, I don't mind a mooring that dries .
I have communicated with Simon Tytherleigh who has suggested that a mooring that is being sold by Bob Cathro might be OK. Haven't, so far, been able to contact Mr Cathro.
Any assistance that you can afford me will much appreciated!
Kind regards, Les

Wanted, Mooring 4 months 3 weeks ago #4

Ok so the option I was going to suggest to Les doesn't seem to be suitable so he is still in the market for a mooring. He has a possible seller in mind in the Perch Pool but if anyone else has one to sell him please contact him on the contact points in his post.

Wanted, Mooring 4 months 3 weeks ago #5

Hi Leslie,

There is also PC135 which as far as I know is still for sale.

There was a large Westerly on there which was afloat for most of the time.

Jjohn Allen

Wanted, Mooring 4 months 3 weeks ago #6

• leslie coade
John, have ye a name and contact details for vendor of this mooring?

Thanks for your heads-up!
Regards, Les Coade

Wanted, Mooring 4 months 3 weeks ago #7

Hi Leslie,

The owner is no longer an SYC member.

I am on the case of getting his contact details and then giving him a call so that I have his permission to pass his contact details to you.

As far as I know the mooring was not used last year and may not have been serviced.

John

• Page: