Club Sailing Boats
Available for use by club members by prior arrangement. Members may not simply help themselves. Locations map
Boat Hire Admin is Richard Fryer – see booking procedure below.
|Family-size dinghy, well equipped for exploring the whole estuary.||£15 for four hours|
Wanderer 1467, ‘Elise’
|A very popular hire choice, somewhat lighter than the Wayfarer and well equipped for exploring the estuary.||£15 for four hours|
|Recent addition to our hire fleet, thanks to members of the multihull fleet who have generously clubbed together. Priority to Juniors, but available for other members of the Club to hire.
Warning: these boats accelerate fast and have different handling characteristics from monohulls. They can easily be damaged or cause damage. Please hire only if you are confident of your ability to handle the boat safely.
|£15 for four hours|
|In race condition with Full or Radial. Preference given to experienced helms.||£10 for four hours|
|12ft one or two man dinghy (with spinnaker fitted in summer). A sensitive boat, best suited to nimble young sailors. (Sail #418 to be used with SYC5, sail #3389 with SYC6.)||£15 for four hours|
|11’ 4” popular single-hander. Fun for all. Also ideal for the less experienced, junior or beginner. (Mast, sail and boom marked up for each hull. Daggerboard and rudder: use any.)||£5 for four hours|
|The Comet Trio is a fantastic all-rounder dinghy ideal for training, cruising or racing. The dinghy is suitable for relatively new sailors (RYA Level 2 or above) and the more experienced alike. The dinghy is 4.6m (15’) in length, easily reefed, and can take up to 4 or 5 people. All the Trios are equipped with an asymmetric spinnaker system for those with advanced experience. Please message the Dinghy Hire Admin if you want to use the spinnaker, since this sail is not generally kept with the boats.||£15 for four hours|
A full day's hire (see options on Booking Requests page) is charged as a double four-hour session, e.g. £30 for the Wayfarer.
Use the online booking request system (login required).
- Fees apply to all hires. When your booking is confirmed, you will receive an automated email asking for payment. Please make sure you have paid before taking a boat from its berth.
- Preferred method of payment is by bank transfer. Please include name and boat in the payment reference, e.g. ‘FRYER_TOPPER’. (Do not use the payment reference sent to you by WebCollect when you paid your subscription, as it is strictly for subscriptions only.)
- We cannot at this time accept cash payments, and cheques will only be accepted by arrangement with Boat Hire Administrator.
- We regret we cannot offer refunds at this time.
By hiring an SYC dinghy you agree to:
- Respect it as you would your own boat
- Wash down, disinfect, cover and tie down after use.
- Inform the Club promptly of any damage by recording it via the SYC Fault Reporting system. Also report by email to me.
- This is important to ensure the next hirer has a seaworthy boat.
- Report any safety-critical issues via the SYC Fault Reporting system., and advise me directly that you have done so