1. All our Royal Yachting Association (RYA) courses are delivered by qualified instructors in accordance with RYA Recognised Training Centre guidance. All other training we provide is delivered by suitably experienced members and/or qualified instructors.
2. You accept that, for various reasons, it may not be possible to complete all parts of the course in the time available and that the award of a certificate is at our discretion. We’ll advise you of progress and do our best to help you complete your course.
3. We may need to cancel a booking at our discretion. We’ll give you as much notice as possible, a full refund or offer an alternative course if we cancel your booking.
4. You accept that sailing is a hazardous sport and injuries can sometimes occur. You’re solely responsible for any loss or damage or injury to yourself or your property while on your course or training unless this was caused by our negligence or deliberate act. You must inform us immediately of any injury, damage or loss of property you suffer during your course or training.
5. You must tell us about any medical condition, medication, accessibility or and/or specific learning needs which could affect your ability to participate before your course or training begins. We reserve the right to decline a booking if we believe we cannot deliver the course or training safely for you.
6. You agree to always wear an appropriate personal flotation device and protective clothing when on the foreshore, slipways and going afloat as immersion in water is always possible. We won’t allow you on the water if you aren’t dressed appropriately for the prevailing weather conditions.
7. You agree to follow any instructions or directions given by the Instructor or other Club Officer and not to deliberately cause annoyance to other Club users.
8. You agree to respect the Club, its facilities and equipment, and to report any defects at the earliest opportunity. We reserve the right to refuse or restrict your use of our facilities or equipment if we think necessary and to charge for any deliberate damage caused.
9. We reserve the right to end your training if you don’t comply with the Booking Conditions. In this event we reserve the right not to refund monies paid to the Club for the training or course.
DATA PROTECTION – PRIVACY NOTICE
We handle your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act (1998) and General Data Protection Regulation (2018).
The SYC Training Officer collects your personal data to administer your booking, payment and certificate (if awarded). Your instructor will be given only relevant information, including information about your medical and learning needs, to help your learning and safety on the course or training. Your personal data may be given to a medical professional in the event you require medical treatment and cannot provide this information yourself.
Your Booking Form will be seen and securely retained by the SYC Training Officer until the administration of your course is complete. After this your Booking Form will be retained by the RYA Training Centre Principal for up to two years for contractual and RYA audit purposes when it will be destroyed securely. Any personal data generated during the course, primarily photographic material for training purposes where you have given consent, will be destroyed at the end of the course by your instructor unless agreed differently with you.