We want you to enjoy and get the most from your course. And, of course, our instructors will do all they can to help you learn and have fun!
You can follow these tips to get the most from your training:
- Make sure the course is suitable for what you need and your current level of ability. Always ask if you're unsure.
- Read the pre-course information letter which we send to you.
- Complete any pre-course work before the course starts.
- Arrive promptly for your course. There’s usually a lot to get done.
- Make sure you bring all you need with you to the course.
- Let your instructor know before the course starts about any health or learning needs you haven’t already mentioned.
- Tell your instructor straight away if you don’t understand anything. Your instructor will always go over points as often as you need. We want you to learn!
- Tell your instructor immediately if you’re not enjoying the course for any reason. Your instructor can’t help if you wait until the end of the course!
We’ll do all we can to help you succeed. Your instructor will keep you informed about your progress throughout the course. Sometimes it’s not possible to complete all aspects of a course for a variety of reasons. Your instructor will explain what you’ve achieved and how you can achieve your goals.
If for any reason you’re unsatisfied or have a complaint after talking to your instructor, please contact the course organiser to discuss the matter. If you still feel dissatisfied, please contact the SYC Training Officer.