Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Crew wanted - 25th September

More
1 year 7 months ago#6403by Mark Elkington
Crew wanted - 25th September was created by Mark Elkington
Hi - I need a crew for my Merlin (3797 - the dark blue one) for the race on Sunday 25th (later afternoon start).  Some experience with a traditional spinnaker would be nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andrew Staniford
1 year 7 months ago#6407by Andrew Staniford
Replied by Andrew Staniford on topic Crew wanted - 25th September
Hi Mark,
I have only just joined the club and qualified RYA 1 + 2. No previous sailing experience! I'm possibly not proficient enough to sail with you and I have no spinnaker experience. However, I am enthusiastic and a quick learner. So, if you just want to get out on the water, I'd be delighted to crew for you.
I will not be offended if you would rather not.
Regards
Andrew

More
1 year 7 months ago#6408by Mark Elkington
Replied by Mark Elkington on topic Crew wanted - 25th September
Hi Andrew

thanks for the offer - I was somewhat gobsmacked when I got home today to find that my son had volunteered to sail with me.  Probably for the best as racing, first time out, might be a little fraught for you.  However I would be very happy to take you out in the Merlin sometime in the new few weeks before it gets too cold to show you the ropes and practice the "moves" you would need to do in a race.  Are you going to be around over the next few weekends?

regards

Mark

• Andrew Staniford
1 year 7 months ago#6411by Andrew Staniford
Replied by Andrew Staniford on topic Crew wanted - 25th September
Hi Mark,
Thanks for letting me know how your situation panned out. I hope it goes well for you both and that you compete well. Finally, thank you for the kind offer of coming aboard a Merlin; apart from next Saturday I am available over the next few weeks.
Regards
Andrew