Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Your Club Needs You !

More
7 months 4 weeks ago#7178by Paul Kelley
Your Club Needs You ! was created by Paul Kelley
Apologies everyone for posting this again but the club “ your club “, is very much in need of someone to very kindly take on this role . In reality this should not be too onerous or require long hours devoted to it but only periodically through out the year for club events . It won’t be a life long commitment. The SC would be extremely grateful and indebted to anyone who would like to have a go . See below - 

The Sailing Committee is looking for someone to take over the coordination of the clubs open events race documents for next year, which would include editing the Sailing Instructions, NOR and other associated event documents . The role would would not require persons to operate independently but in unison with Sailing Committee and or by Fleet Captains, liaising with them as and when required for all programmed open invitation events next year, editing/adapting existing race documents . This would also include the Exe Regatta, Junior Regatta and the Steamer . 

Mark Elikington has very kindly being doing this for a few years now but wishes to hand this over to someone else for next year . Assuredly Mark would be more than happy to offer someone support and education on how the software/system operates during the Autumn months . 

If anyone would be interested in taking on this role from Mark, the Sailing Committee and all the club’s officers would be greatly indebted to you for your kind support in what will be a significant contribution to the success of clubs sailing programme and racing next year . Pleased to contact myself and or the Sailing Secretary directly or indeed, chat with Mark for more information at the club .

We will be only too delighted to offer you our fullest support !

Paul Kelley VC and the SYC Sailing Committee .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago#7179by Alistair Glen
Replied by Alistair Glen on topic Your Club Needs You !
Emailing Mark now.....

....and by the way, the 'Submit' button on the Quick Reply option of the Forum sits over the 'Location' button on the website so doesn't submit replies but sends you the the map!

Alistair

More
7 months 4 weeks ago - 7 months 4 weeks ago#7180by Aidan Whiteley
Replied by Aidan Whiteley on topic Your Club Needs You !
Hi Alistair - thanks for the "heads up". Can you let me know the device and browser you are using as I cannot replicate the issue on my PC or Android phone.
Cheers
Aidan
quick-reply-oc.jpg
quick-reply-android.jpg

Last edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Aidan Whiteley. Reason: typo

More
7 months 4 weeks ago#7181by Alistair Glen
Replied by Alistair Glen on topic Your Club Needs You !
Hi Aidan,

I'm using a MacBook Air (OS Ventura). 

I've just tried to replicate the problem and it seems that it only occurs if you are using the Quick Reply as the first reply to the original post on the Forum. Otherwise, the QR box appears over the earlier forum posts and is well clear of the Google maps button.

Alistair