Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Urgent - Loan of PC Required

More
7 months 3 weeks ago#7197by Paul Kelley
Urgent - Loan of PC Required was created by Paul Kelley
Dear All, unfortunately the link between the Members Room and Race Box has died and therefore the automated sign on system is not operational at this time . Of course we are endeavouring to fix this asap to avoid or reduce the impact on race and leisure sailing registration. 

In an initial attempt to remedy this fault, we are hoping that the fault may simply lie with the current PC and therefore, we are wondering if anyone might have a spare PC they or you might very kindly be happy to loan to the club, in order to perform a test and see if this is the issue . 

The Commodore and myself would indeed, be extremely grateful to anyone who might kindly be able to help with this provision ! 

[email protected] 

With many thanks,

SYC Officers . 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago#7201by Mark Elkington
Replied by Mark Elkington on topic Urgent - Loan of PC Required
Paul

I think I have fixed the previous mini PC - as I suspected it was just a dodgy SSD (solid state disk). Unfortunately it failed just outside warranty. I do need to reinstall an operating system, reconfigure the PC and reinstall it at the club before it can be used  - but should have this done before next weekend. 

Mark

More
7 months 3 weeks ago#7202by Paul Kelley
Replied by Paul Kelley on topic Urgent - Loan of PC Required
Hi Mark, that’s really good news and as always, very many thanks for your efforts !

Phil Weeks is very kindly going to have a look at the cable sockets on Wednesday and so fingers crossed ! 

Paul .