Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Nigel Howe

More
4 weeks 20 hours ago#7661by Helen Scott
Replied by Helen Scott on topic Nigel Howe
I’m so sad to hear this news. Nigel was so welcoming to new members, and always happy to stop and chat. Many of our Family members will have been welcomed and shown round the Club by him, whether pre-arranged or completely spontaneously.
My thoughts are with his family at this time.

Helen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago#7665by Keith Wheatley
Replied by Keith Wheatley on topic Nigel Howe
How very sad. Nigel seemed in very good form when I bumped into him at the club last month. He was always the absolute epitome of good manners and charm, something that can never be learned or faked. We were very lucky to have him at SYC in a role that could have been designed for him.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago#7673by David Lee
Replied by David Lee on topic Nigel Howe
Very sad to hear this news, Nigel will be badly missed.  A true gentleman and a fantastic ambassador for the club, always happy to chat to sailors and shore crew alike.  Condolences to the family.

Fair winds and smooth seas

Dave and Kate Lee

Merlin Rocket 3779 The Angels' Share
Merlin Rocket 3546 Gilt Complex

More
3 weeks 3 days ago#7675by Jonathan Gosling
Replied by Jonathan Gosling on topic Nigel Howe
Like so many of us, I will miss Nigel greatly. He mentored my transition from lasers to Darts, and took me cruising downriver. On one occasion we rounded Dawlish Warren to see huge breakers crashing over Pole Sands. I had my teenage daughter with me (Nigel was single-handing) and had promised her breakfast at the Harbour View. But Nigel sailed straight into the waves, so we followed - girl on wire - flying between the crests. Once out west beyond the sands into the deeper water we tacked and I thought to head into the café. But Nigel bore away to surf back in …. we followed of course …. The most thrilling (and probably dangerous) catamaran sailing of my life. Forever grateful!