Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Nigel Howe

More
1 month 14 hours ago#7647by steve peat
Replied by steve peat on topic Nigel Howe
We were both immensely saddened to hear the news about Nigel. It's so hard to believe as I was working with him only a few weeks ago on one of the many little jobs he busied himself with around the site. He was such a friendly and affable man and the welcoming face on all the Club stood for. Members may be interested to know that he was the longest standing member of the Club joining in January 1963. He will be sadly missed and our sincere condolences to Caroline and his family.
Steve and Sarah Peat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 13 hours ago#7648by Charlotte Gough
Replied by Charlotte Gough on topic Nigel Howe
We are so sorry to hear the sad news about Nigel. A lovely, kind-hearted man with a gentle sense of humour, a friend and neighbour. Thinking of Caroline and family.

Charlotte & Dave

More
1 month 1 day ago#7649by Sarah Jarman
Replied by Sarah Jarman on topic Nigel Howe
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I met Nigel for the first time in February when he was kind enough to meet me at the club late on a sunny Sunday afternoon and show me around. He was full of energy and incredibly passionate about, and very proud of, the club and its location.
A charming charismatic gentleman who loved sailing his Dart.
Met once, never forgotten.
With sincerest condolences to his family,
Sarah

More
1 month 22 hours ago#7650by crispin Taylor
Replied by crispin Taylor on topic Nigel Howe
Such sad news, Nigel was a warm and gracious man and always great to catch up with when we bumped into each other at the club talking about sailing of course and our respective families. He'll be much missed at SYC and beyond.

More
1 month 19 hours ago#7654by Sarah Peat
Replied by Sarah Peat on topic Nigel Howe
We were both immensely saddened to hear the news about Nigel. It's so hard to believe as I was working with him only a few weeks ago on one of the many little jobs he busied himself with around the site. He was such a friendly and affable man and the welcoming face on all the Club stood for. Members may be interested to know that he was the longest standing member of the Club joining in January 1963. He will be sadly missed and our sincere condolences to Caroline and family.
Steve and Sarah Peat

More
1 month 17 hours ago#7656by Michael Western
Replied by Michael Western on topic Nigel Howe
I am very sad to see the passing of Nigel. A true gentleman , who always had time to say hello and have a chat. He will be missed by so many.
My condolences and thoughts are to his family.
Mike