There's a new "Leisure Sail" sign on application that has now now gone live. If you launch something that floats from SYC (and are not dinghy racing, yachting or junior sailing), this is for you.
If you are used to the existing dinghy racing sign on application, this new application will look fairly familiar. If you are used to scribbling on "sign on" bits of paper, this is going to be a bit new.
Therefore, this page contains a couple of videos that explain how best to use the new Leisure Sail Sign On application.
This first video provides a quick (5 minutes long) overview of the key functionality of the new Leisure Sail Sign On application. If you are generally OK with things computery and know your way around SYC, then this should be more than enough to get you going with the new application.
(size 68 Mb, duration 5 minutes 0 seconds)
This second video is much more detailed and, therefore, much longer at 18 minutes long. Not everyone will want to sit through all 18 minutes but if you are new to SYC this may be the one for you. Otherwise, if there were just one or two concerns you have after watching the overview video, then we've provided a "table of contents" for the sections of this longer video along with their start times. This should enable you to just "dip into" the sections of this video that are of interest.
(size 180 Mb, duration 18 minutes 22 seconds)
- 00:25 - Why there is a new Leisure Sail sign application
- 01:00 - Who should use the Leisure Sail application - its not just for sailing!
- 01:50 - How to access the application in the Members Room and what's available on the SYC website
- 02:40 - How to turn on the sign on computer and screen
- 03:30 - More details on Find Your Boat
- 04:30 - More details on what to put in the mandatory and optional fields when registering a leisure sail
- 07:45 - More details on newly registering your boat in the application - including what to do if your class of boat is not already known to the application
- 11:15 - Seeing full details for who is currently out sailing at SYC
- 11:40 - Correcting incorrectly entered data
- 12:30 - Signing back in (including from at home when you forgot to do it at SYC)
- 14:00 - More details for Dinghy Cruise OODs including options around printing dinghy cruise participant lists
- 16:35 - The contents of the Information tab
- 17:05 - Leisure Sail sign on using your mobile phone rather than the sign on computer