Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Evening race 3

More
2 years 10 months ago#5241by Mark Elkington
Replied by Mark Elkington on topic Evening race 3
Alistair
Good guess - the OODs timed your second lap at 40:57.  I have removed the DNF as you clearly completed two laps and republished the results.

Dave Bartletts time for two laps looks wrong though if you saw him close to Michael Bagge after two laps.  At lap 1 he was timed as being 00:27 seconds ahead of Michael, but after 2 laps he was timed as being 02:55 behind Michael.  I'm fairly sure that I crossed the leaders in your fleet near club as you were just starting the aborted lap 3.  At that point I'm fairly sure that Dave was in the lead, but only a few seconds ahead of the leading Lasers.  Is that plausible?.  Can anybody else confirm the D-zero's position relative to the leading lasers at the end of lap 2.

regards

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago#5242by david bartlett
Replied by david bartlett on topic Evening race 3
I'm not 100% on this but i think i was just behind Mike Bagge after lap 2 i believe 39:05 would be in the region of my elapsed time. Hopefully either Mike or David Matthews who was also close to us may recall. 

More
2 years 10 months ago#5243by David Matthews
Replied by David Matthews on topic Evening race 3
I'm not sure where you were relative to Mike but I can confirm you were ahead of me.

More
2 years 10 months ago#5244by Mark Elkington
That all seems consistent.

I have corrected Dave B's time and updated the results.

Unless I hear any more I think I am done here!

More
2 years 10 months ago#5245by Roy Pryor
Replied by Roy Pryor on topic Evening race 3
I also completed 2 laps but I'm shown as DNF (Solo 3835).

More
2 years 10 months ago#5246by Mark Elkington
Hi Roy

The OODs only timed you crossing for lap 1 in 00:23:57.  I can see that they marked you as DNF after all the racing had finished - which implies that they missed you on lap 2, rather than spotted you coming ashore early.

Can you remember who you were near when you crossed for lap 2?  Claire Hughes (Laser Radial) or Nigel McKay would likely have been nearest.

If there was no one close theyn I can give you an average lap time based on the lap that was recorded.

Mark