Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Uk Healthcare Workers For Ukraine

More
2 years 1 month ago#5962by Paul Kelley
Uk Healthcare Workers For Ukraine was created by Paul Kelley
Dear All, clearly this is a very emotive time for all of us with the war in Ukraine, with people, just like you and me, fleeing from their homes and sadly many people being killed . How lucky we all are to be able to enjoy our sailing and racing and the tranquility at the club, given the horrific events taking place in Ukraine .

One of our Doctors, Patryja Prusak, who is Polish-Ukrainian, is trying to raise £20.000 for medical supplies, urgently needed in Ukraine . To this regard, I have copied and pasted a post on the RDE’s staff website, outlying brief account of Patrycja’s life and personal loss during the conflict . Please do not feel under any pressure to do so but she has set up a “gofundme” fundraising account and I have attached the link to the account, if you would like to perhaps, donate a small amount to help those suffering in Ukraine . 

Patrycja Prusak is a Polish-Ukrainian doctor working in our paediatrics department. She trained in Lviv before joining us in the UK and still has family and friends there - many of whom are doctors. Sadly, like many others, she has lost several people in the war. In an effort to do what she can to help, she has set up an initiative to raise £20,000 to buy medical equipment for the country.  

You can listen to her interview with Radio Devon here:  www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0brmcy4 (Skip to 2:52:44)

For more information or if you would like to donate, please visit the following link:  www.gofundme.com/f/uks-healthcare-workers-for-ukraine/donations

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.