Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Storm boards/ storms this week. Is your boat tied down?

More
8 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago#7340by Vyv Game
I can't find the little widget saying the storm boards are in. Where is it on this site?

Early forecasts are for some very strong winds Wednesday and Thursday, boats and all loose equipment need to be secured.

It'll be too late when Bimblers and Fettlers arrive on Thursday!
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Vyv Game. Reason: misunderstandings

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago#7341by Aidan Whiteley
Hi Vyv,

the storm boards will be going in about Wednesday lunchtime.

The main place the "widget" is displayed is on the "Today's SYC Sailing Info" page (from the "Essentials" menu item or direct at  www.starcrossyc.org.uk/essentials/todays-syc-sailing-info ). The widget only displays when the storm boards are in - when the page looks like the screen grab below.

The dinghy cruise page ( www.starcrossyc.org.uk/sailing/dinghy-cruising ) has a slightly different widget that shows all the time - whether the boards are in or out.
storm-boards.png

Aidan
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Aidan Whiteley.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago#7342by Vyv Game
Thanks Aidan, so unless I look on the dinghy cruising page if there is no widget, the storm boards are not in.....
BTW, when I clicked quick reply I got a strange box to use which did not work when I tried to write. I'm on my desktop. So I used the Action button for this.
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Vyv Game. Reason: enhanced context!

More
8 months 3 weeks ago#7343by Aidan Whiteley
Hi Vyv,

yes - correct - if looking at the "Today's Sailing Info" page and there is nothing at the top of the page about the storm boards, then they are not in. Or I've forgotten to toggle the widget that controls the display on the dinghy cruise page.

If you get the "strange box" again, can you get a screen grab (or take a photo with your phone) and send it to me? The forum software (Kunena) is great because it integrates well with the rest of the site (Joomla) but has more than a few issues...

Cheers

Aidan

More
8 months 3 weeks ago#7344by Vyv Game
Interestingly this time it has worked!