Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Powderham mooring fees

More
4 years 3 weeks ago#3701by Mark Farries
Powderham mooring fees was created by Mark Farries
I had a letter from Powderham today that I thought might be a refund on the mooring fee, but was a duplicate of the licence they sent me 3 weeks ago, except that it says "May we wish you an enjoyable season" . Now the river is closed we should all make a joint appeal either for a refund of mooring fees or ask for the period to be extended for 2 seasons until 2022.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago#3702by Derek Hathaway
Replied by Derek Hathaway on topic Powderham mooring fees
A precedent has already been set by some golf clubs who have said they will restart the subscription year when they are able to open again or to credit peoples accounts with the comparative sum of money. Not all clubs will be able to afford this and so it will not be universal. In terms of SYC, even though we cannot sail,  I am sure we will not expect our fees back as we need the club to continue to thrive!
I think we should allow time to see if Powderham take the initiative and show some generosity on this front rather than press them at this stage.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago#3703by Mark Farries
Replied by Mark Farries on topic Powderham mooring fees
Hi Derek,
Thanks for this, I agree about club fees, but Powderham is a commercial enterprise and so far has not been sympathetic. So some gentle persuasion might help.