Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Main Gate

More
3 years 8 months ago#4131by Ian Purvis
Main Gate was created by Ian Purvis
Please shut the gate. In southerly or southeasterly winds (as now) the main gate does not automatically fully close. This is due to the wind blowing through the tunnel creating a resistance. This evening I found it open and nobody on site. Please make sure the gate is fully closed before you leave the roadway. Your property on the Club site is at risk if the gate is not closed.
Thank you, Ian Purvis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago#4137by Olly Turner
Replied by Olly Turner on topic Main Gate
Hi Ian,

I was at the YC last night and found the gate ajar with the “Gate Closing” sign flashing, drawing unwanted attention. 

Is it possible to send an email out to the membership and possibly weight the gate more? 

More
3 years 8 months ago#4138by Ian Purvis
Replied by Ian Purvis on topic Main Gate
Hi Olly. Yes I think you are right, I will send an email to all members. Obviously signs, forum notes etc have no influence. 
Increasing the weight more may close the gate in easterly and southerly wind directions but will have an adverse effect in westerlies. It is a very fine balance.
I have a development being constructed now which should alleviate the problem and  also get around the stringent regulations for mechanically operated gates.
I had intended to have this ready by the autumn but autumn has come early.
I had better get on with it.
Regards
Ian