Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Claude Heywood

• Paul/Nicky/Greg Bartlett
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago#4650by Paul/Nicky/Greg Bartlett
Claude Heywood was created by Paul/Nicky/Greg Bartlett
I have just heard from my old school friend, Louise, that her dear Dad, Claude Heywood (an ex Commodore of the Club) sadly passed away last Friday, 8th January, aged 91.
He was an active member in the 50’s, 60’s &’70s. I understand that he was instrumental in setting up our club at its current premises and negotiating the rent with the current Earl of Devon at the time. Quite some achievements. 
Louise wasn't sure if many sailors now, would remember Claude, but I said I would let members know as I was sure he would be fondly remembered & I passed on condolences from SYC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago#4651by Paul Kelley
Replied by Paul Kelley on topic Claude Heywood
I do just remember Claude and I am sad to learn of his passing . I believe he was a nice down-to-earth chap and the club owes him a great debt of gratitude for his list of achievements within and on behalf the club and particularly now to those of us who are, to this day, lucky enough to enjoy sailing and being members of such a great club . He leaves a great legacy, to which we are all benefiting and enjoying !

My condolences to all his family during this very sad time .

Paul Kelley .
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Paul Kelley.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago#4652by Kathy Jones
Replied by Kathy Jones on topic Claude Heywood
Could one of you send me his daughters name and address and I will write a letter to her. My email address is [email protected]
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Kathy Jones.