Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Spring Series 4

More
2 years 11 months ago#4954by Alistair Glen
Spring Series 4 was created by Alistair Glen
Slightly puzzled...Slow Handicap Fleet (the bit I was in, anyway) definitely sailed three laps. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago#4956by Michael Bagge
Replied by Michael Bagge on topic Spring Series 4
Yes you did but it was shortened with the lights on too, I do not think anyone could hear the finish guns, due to the direction of the wind. So you were finished on 2 laps but sailed on for 3.

Michael Bagge

More
2 years 11 months ago#4957by Alistair Glen
Replied by Alistair Glen on topic Spring Series 4
OK but odd that nobody noticed that we'd been shortened. I think most of us would have appreciated a safety boat being sent to 'head us off at the pass' rather than slogging round for another lap.

More
2 years 11 months ago#4958by Michael Bagge
Replied by Michael Bagge on topic Spring Series 4
Apologies for that, I did get the safety boat to tell the Zero's and the Solo's followed after that. The Aero's just seemed to want to do another lap! I think the light could not be seen probably because of the sun. But we were pretty busy. We did our best, but we were also a safety boat short, as one of the drivers did not turn up. We were very grateful for Bill and Tesni to step in, which allowed us to go on the water.

Michael Bagge

More
2 years 11 months ago#4960by Alistair Glen
Replied by Alistair Glen on topic Spring Series 4
You could all have gone home for your tea a bit earlier and my legs wouldn't have been so sore! 
[img
 Many thanks to Bill and Tesni for getting the other safety boat out...much appreciated.

More
2 years 11 months ago#4961by Simon deeks
Replied by Simon deeks on topic Spring Series 4
Could a simple solution to have an air horn in the safety boat and station at 29. Great sailing though.