Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Evening race 3

More
2 years 9 months ago#5234by Tim Coombe
Evening race 3 was created by Tim Coombe
Hi noticed Hornet 2077 result  elapsed time correct but we completed 4 not 3 rounds as recorded 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago#5235by Michael Webster
Replied by Michael Webster on topic Evening race 3
I note that Solo 5820 has been marked down as did not start, which is incorrect. The  universal joint broke on my tiller extension before the delayed start, as explained post race to the RO and again to Ralph who was overseeing proceedings. Nevertheless, I did start and then retired having sailed 50 metres on the first reach. This was done so that retirement points may be awarded. 

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago#5236by Mark Elkington
Replied by Mark Elkington on topic Evening race 3
Tim
Given I was chasing you for all of those 4 laps I think I can confirm you did four laps.  I have updated the number of laps and rescored the race/series and note that you now beat me by 8 seconds 
[img

Michael
I have changed your scoring code to DNF (which we also use for RTD).  Actually DNS and DNF/RTD have the same score in the series - its DNC (i.e you didn't launch} -  that gets the big number of points.

You may need to refresh your browser to see the updated results (F5)

regards

Mark
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Mark Elkington.

More
2 years 9 months ago#5237by Alistair Glen
Replied by Alistair Glen on topic Evening race 3
Mark,

Slow Handicap...I (Solo 5729) completed two rounds, as indicated on results, and then came in as it was the originally displayed number of laps. I'm currently shown as DNF; could you please convert my time to a result?

Additionally, Dave Bartlett (DZero 236) was, metaphorically, crossing tacks with Mike Bagge (Laser 17) at the end of lap 2 but is shown as being about 3mins behind him on the water.

And just to, potentially, add to the woes, the laps are still shown as 3 rather than the 2 at which the times were taken...will that throw the average laps times out?

Enjoy your breakfast!

More
2 years 9 months ago#5239by Mark Elkington
Replied by Mark Elkington on topic Evening race 3
OK that one is going to take a little more investigation.

The OODs used the "change finish lap" option as intended.  This will take the results from lap times recorded at lap 2 - but I suspect that the DNF they gave you when they saw you come in is overiding the timing.

It will probably be tomorow before I can sort this one.

Mark

More
2 years 9 months ago#5240by Alistair Glen
Replied by Alistair Glen on topic Evening race 3
Mark,

If it's easier to make a 'manual' entry, I was just ahead of Bob Beare (Laser 200838) when we finished the second lap, so I'd be happy with 41:00 as my elapsed time.