Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

New club member- Looking for a mentor

More
2 years 8 months ago#5408by Nicola
Hi there, I am very pleased to have just joined SYC after being shown around by Nigel. I am a beginner sailor and am planning to be down at the club on Saturday for the Freesailing session. As a new member I do not know anyone in the club, or my way around really.I just wondered if anyone else is in a similar situation who I could pair up with, or if there is anyone who would be willing to meet me on Saturday and show me around and help me to learn all things SYC.
Many Thanks in advance. Nic

*I have had to remove 2 sailing analogies from this message (same boat & show me the ropes!) 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago#5409by Rod Freer
Replied by Rod Freer on topic New club member- Looking for a mentor
Hi Nicola, if you text me your mobile number will add you to the WhatsApp group. This would be the best option for you. I may be down on Saturday even though free sailing is cancelled. I sail a Gull red 2721.What do you sail? Hope to see you Rod Freer.

More
2 years 8 months ago#5410by Nicola
Replied by Nicola on topic New club member- Looking for a mentor
Hi Rod, couldn't find your mobile number on the webpages so I did email my mobile number to you. BW Nic

More
2 years 8 months ago#5411by Rod Freer
Replied by Rod Freer on topic New club member- Looking for a mentor
Hi Nicola, will be at the club about 10:30 , red hull, grey hair and glasses. Mobile is 07807 397550.

More
2 years 8 months ago#5416by Sam Leonard
Replied by Sam Leonard on topic New club member- Looking for a mentor
Hi Nicola,

I am new to the club also, and looking for someone to sail my RS200 with. I have a few people, but would be good to get some more regular crews.

I am a competent sailor, Dinghy Instructor and Coastal Skipper.

Drop me a line if you fancy a sail.

Sam