Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Looking for RS 200 Crew for sail / race

More
2 years 8 months ago#5417by Sam Leonard
Looking for RS 200 Crew for sail / race was created by Sam Leonard
Hi,

I have recently joined the sailing club, and have an RS 200. Looking for more people to get out with to crew my boat. Happy to swap helm and crew. Ideally people in the lower weight range, as the boat needs a fairly low combined crew weight. I am 29 and around 70kg. 

I am a competent sailor, and have grown up racing 29er's and yacht racing in the solent. Would be good to meet some other 200 sailors at the club, and get to know a few people so I can get out more regulary. 

Also happy to crew on someone elses boat for races, to get to know more people at the club.

Cheers,

Sam Leonard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago#5418by Mark Elkington
Replied by Mark Elkington on topic Looking for RS 200 Crew for sail / race
Hi Sam

Welcome to the club.  Good to see the RS200 fleet building again.

First job is to get your boat registered in our race management system so that you can enter a race with our online sign on system.  Could you let me know your boat number and hull colour so I can get you set up.

If you have any questions about the racing just let me know (I sail a dark blue Merlin Rocket 3797 - but I used to sail an RS200).  The Sailing Instructions for club racing are online - but are mostly boring stuff - thought the appendices on the starting light system and courses are fairly useful :-)

regards

Mark
Sailing Sec
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Mark Elkington.

More
2 years 8 months ago#5419by Sam Leonard
Replied by Sam Leonard on topic Looking for RS 200 Crew for sail / race
Thanks Mark. I am already on the system I believe as have done a couple of races at the club already. light blue hull, sail number 1266.

Generally looking for people to get out to sail with a little more, and meet people at the club. So if you know of anyone who wants to get on the water, please can you point them in my direction. Happy to train up someone who is looking to learn