Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Winter boat storage

More
1 year 8 months ago#6276by Andrew Johnstone
Winter boat storage was created by Andrew Johnstone
Hello Chums,
I normally keep my wooden boat in the garage over winter, but we're moving house and our new place has nowhere for the boat yet. Does anyone know anywhere where I might be able to over winter her before collecting sometime next spring?
I know there are some large commercial boat storage facilities, but I am rather hoping to find someone with a handy spare barn...
Thanks in advance for any thoughts
Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago#6277by Paul Kelley
Replied by Paul Kelley on topic Winter boat storage
Hi Johnathon, I do not know how big your boat is but members can keep small day boats ( dependant on size ) at the south end of club for a fee . For further information, please contact the Berth Marshall, Steve Peat, who I know will be only too happy to advise and help you, should this be an option .

Good luck with the house move !

Paul Kelley .

More
1 year 8 months ago#6278by Andrew Johnstone
Replied by Andrew Johnstone on topic Winter boat storage
Thanks, But my boat is already at the club, I am asking if anyone knows anywhere to store a boat inside over winter. If I wanted it to stay in the dinghy park I could just leave it where it is...

Andrew (or Jonathan if you prefer)

More
1 year 8 months ago#6279by steve peat
Replied by steve peat on topic Winter boat storage
Hi , just to clarify,  the keeping of day boats at the South end is an option but only for those that are on a mooring over summer and only over the winter oct to Mar,  its listed on webcollect as cruiser winter storage. Noted Andrew's need is inside storage, sorry not aware of anything 
regards 
Steve 

More
1 year 8 months ago#6280by Paul Kelley
Replied by Paul Kelley on topic Winter boat storage
Sorry Andrew, I am afraid your post wasn’t quite clear, having mentioned large commercial boat storage . Therefore, assumed you were taking about storage for perhaps, a larger moored day boat and that there was some urgency, given your move . 

I very much regret to say that I unfortunately do not know of anywhere suitable that would fit the bill . 

Again, good luck with your house move and in finding somewhere for your boat .

More
1 year 8 months ago#6336by Jim Batten
Replied by Jim Batten on topic Winter boat storage
Hi Andrew - did you find anywhere yet?  A friend of mine is currently using a barn for caravan storage and has space - it's near to Milverton in Somerset - please let me know if this is would work for you

Thanks,
Jim