Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Telstars on the Exe

More
1 year 8 months ago#6289by Max
Telstars on the Exe was created by Max
I was hoping to reach out to the club members (if they are indeed from SYC) who own Telstars in the Exe. I have always been interested in multihulls and a Telstar 26 has come up for sale over in Hampshire.

I was looking to gain some insight/information on them in general. Ideally what to look out for when buying, strengths/weaknesses and why they seemingly suit this area in particular. 
Any help would be gratefully received.
Many thanks,
Max 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago#6292by Andy Bartram
Replied by Andy Bartram on topic Telstars on the Exe
As an ex owner of a Mk2 Telstar, I was always impressed by the design and performance. Unfortunately, they suffer from not being built particularly well, the word agricultural, rough around the edges, comes to mind. 
If you have the time, money and inclination, some tlc could make a very usable boat. They are fast and perform fairly well on the wind. Are you a club member?
I'm one of the old g**s who do a bit of fixing at the club on Thursdays, if you would like to meet. Andy

More
1 year 8 months ago#6294by Max
Replied by Max on topic Telstars on the Exe
Hi Andy,
Thank you so much for your reply and kind offer of a chin wag about the Telstars. I have indeed met you on a few occasions and will definitely take you up on this offer at an appropriate time ( when you are setting up for a race ;) when I see you next. 
Best wishes,
Max. ( Red Hobie). 

More
1 year 8 months ago#6298by Andy Bartram
Replied by Andy Bartram on topic Telstars on the Exe
Oh, that Max........well well well! 

More
1 year 6 months ago#6416by Peter Godbeer
Replied by Peter Godbeer on topic Telstars on the Exe
Hello Max , just seen your enquiry about Telstars. I have Starchaser a Mark 3 Telstar which is moored off the Club. 
I'm about to put her up for sale if your still on the look out please get in touch.
Peter Godbeer

More
1 year 6 months ago#6478by Max
Replied by Max on topic Telstars on the Exe
Hi Peter, I have just stumbled across your advert on Apollo duck- saw it was by the club, and checked into the forum to see your reply.
I will send you a direct message shortly. Many thanks!