Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Charlie Sandys

More
1 year 5 months ago#6573by Ian Purvis
Charlie Sandys was created by Ian Purvis
It is with sadness that I have to announce on behalf of the General Committee that Charlie Sandys, former Commodore and director of SYC Ltd passed away on Saturday November 12th.
His daughter Suzanne Bolt, informed us that his funeral will take place at Exeter Crematorium on Tuesday November 29th at 15.30.
Vyv Game will remember Charlie's contributions to the Club at the AGM on Sunday November 27th.
RIP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago#6579by Paul Kelley
Replied by Paul Kelley on topic Charlie Sandys
This is very very sad news indeed ! I remember sailing with and racing against Charlie in the good old days in the hayday of the Seaflys during the eighties . I regret the last time I saw Charlie was at the hospital, when he had an appointment in my department but that I did not have enough time to chat with him on that occasion . I had offered to bring him down to the club to visits us but sadly we never made it . Assuredly, those of us who knew Charlie will have very fond and pleasant memories of him sailing and being down at the club . He was a most popular, excellent and well respected Commodore and severed the club with the utmost distinction . 

My sincere and most heartfelt sympathies to Cynthia and family, with whom my thoughts are with during this difficult and sad time for them . 

Paul Kelley 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.