Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Cockwood Slipway

More
1 year 1 month ago#6795by Martin Wall
Cockwood Slipway was created by Martin Wall
I’m hoping to make use of the slipway at Cockwood this year and would be very grateful for advice on - optimal state of tide, clearance under tunnel, access and parking, and probably lots of other issues I haven’t thought of. Many thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago#6796by Aidan Whiteley
Replied by Aidan Whiteley on topic Cockwood Slipway
What are you planning to launch from there? What type of trailer (if any)? I often launch kayaks/ canoes from there but something to be launched direct from a road trailer will get different answers.

It's a little muddy (up to a few inches of mud) from the slipway until you are clear under the arch. Then it is hard sand all the way down to the water at any state of the tide. Cars are often on there.
Most of the time you can park in the layby on the 379 just near the slipway (but it is a short iffy walk back to the slipway).

There's also the General's Lane slipway in Starcross that is worth thinking about. If anything, slightly less muddy and better parking.

Aidan

More
1 year 1 month ago#6797by Martin Wall
Replied by Martin Wall on topic Cockwood Slipway
Thanks so much for this swift and helpful reply Aiden.
I have a wooden 16ft dinghy on a trailer. I have just had a carbon fibre mast constructed which means I can step the mast on my mooring by the club. Rather than manoeuvring a heavy boat (600kg + trailer) under the club railway arch.
Could I give you a call to ask more questions?

Many thanks 

Martin 

More
1 year 1 month ago#6799by Aidan Whiteley
Replied by Aidan Whiteley on topic Cockwood Slipway
Hi Martin,

see email sent earlier today with my mobile number.

Aidan