Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

CREW FOR MERLIN ROCKET

More
11 months 3 weeks ago#6879by Robin Charles
CREW FOR MERLIN ROCKET was created by Robin Charles
I have 2 part -time crews, but need to train someone else , both either or both  Sundays and Wednesday evenings. Over the years, I have introduced quite a few to spinnaker crewing. People tend to be a bit apprehensive about all the rig controls on a Merlin , but that is my job . They are highly developed boats that are both fast but well behaved, with a good SYC fleet. It is most definitely a 2-man boat ; the crew contributes greatly to the speed , but most people who can sail can do it. For example my Nationals crew last year was a 16 year old Mirror sailor (from Penzance) who had never sailed a high -performance boat. He loved it.
This is a good time of year to try it as it getting warmer and we have Water Sports days as well as race days to have a go.
Robin Charles
Contact me either on this Forum or from the Contacts page of the Website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago#6974by Robin Charles
Replied by Robin Charles on topic CREW FOR MERLIN ROCKET
Anyone who wants to try racing , or try sailing a Merlin , is very welcome to have a go in my boat.
No pressure at first; it works best with most people to have several sails in moderate winds and not around a race course, to get used to it.
Robin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.