Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Marguerite Down

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago#578by Kathy Jones
Marguerite Down was created by Kathy Jones
Sadly our dear friend Marguerite passed away last Friday, following a long and courageous battle fought with true dignity. Out thoughts and prayers are with her daughters, Liz and Susie.

We are very lucky to have a lovely photo of Marguerite hanging in the clubhouse. The photo shows Marguerite, as I'm sure we all want to remember her, laughing with Jean and Kathy in the Galley.

Notification of the arrangements for saying a final goodbye to Marguerite will be posted on this forum.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Kathy Jones. Reason: adding a few words

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago#579by Kathy Jones
Replied by Kathy Jones on topic Marguerite Down
The arrangements for celebrating Marguerite's life are as follows;

Friday 1st July 12.15pm at Exeter Crematorium, Topsham Road Exeter, followed by a reception at Starcross Yacht Club. All members of SYC are welcome.

More
7 years 10 months ago#581by david bartlett
Replied by david bartlett on topic Marguerite Down
Susie and I would like to thank everyone for their wonderful heartfelt condolences . We were very privileged to have Marguerite as our Mum and we miss her dreadfully . She was truly the loveliest person I know . We would love to see anyone that can come to Mums farewell and of course at SYC to celebrate her life afterwards , so fitting as she really truly loved being on the Galley committee and actually was only a member to do that ! .. Kindest Regards Liz Bartlett